KappaReg

Solstice & Sky Tech Forum

Need Help!

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Sprinter76dd Doug D
Myerstown, Pennsylvania, USA   USA
I bought a 2007 Sky turbo. It came with a check engine light on. I am a pretty good mechanic so it didnt bother me. I needed to get it inspected in my state so I put my obd scanner on and it said P 258B.....Vacuum pump control range/ performance.......also P0557 brake booster pressure sensor circuit low input...........i took it to a chevy dealer cause there are no saturn dealers anymore. The mechanic told me he hooked it up to a computer and said everything is working fine. The computer is turning the vacuum pump on and off as needed but it still tehows the code. He didnt know what to do. So I took it home. I wired the vacuum pum direct to see what would happen. Low and behold the check engine light didnt come back on for about 3 months. Then there it was again. I figured i burned out the pump so I got another and I replaced the hoses, check vavle, and booster sensor. I did put the electrical back to normal though. That didnt work. So I bought a vacuum pump for muscle cars, that automaticly comes on if vacuum goes below 16 hg. Even with this plumbed in line didnt work.......What the heck do I need to do to get this check engine light to stay off?.......Can I jump out the vacuum switch at the brake booster somehow?.........Help!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2006 Pontiac Solstice

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links