KappaReg

Solstice & Sky Tech Forum

Sky battery changeout seems easy but has a few nuances to be aware of.

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Littleton, Colorado, USA   USA
Changing out the battery in my 2007 Saturn Sky redline seemed pretty straight forward (several good videos on Youtube provide great detail). The replacement battery is a series 86 and is fairly common. Sears wanted $145 for the gold diehard but I found an Eveready Duracell ProCell for just at $100 and it has more cold cranking amps and the same warranty (a much better deal). You have to remove the passenger side front quarter panel and then a triangular shaped bracket swings out of the way. The thing to consider which nobody mentions anywhere is the realignment of the quarter panel with the door and hood. Once you release the triangle bracket and swing it out of the way .... all of the previous alignment settings are lost. The R/R of the battery is very straight forward but the positioning of the triangle bracket is very critical. This is the bracket which determines the positioning of the quarter panel relative to the hood and door lines. My advice is to temporarily set the bracket (loose bolts), temporarily place the quarter panel on the bracket and close the door/hood. Because the bracket is loose, you can readjust the panel fit with a gentle push or pull. When you have it right, open the hood, remove the quarter panel and tighten the hardware. It worked perfectly and you can't tell I was ever in there. Took about 1 hour from start to finish. The GM dealer wanted $100 on top of the price of the AC Delco battery to take on the job. No other places (Sears, Pep Boys ........) would even take on the job. Save yourself the $$$, take an hour out of your weekend and do it yourself.

Attachments:
IMG_3116.JPG    49.3 KB
IMG_3116.JPG

IMG_3117.JPG    44.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_3119.JPG    51.6 KB
IMG_3120.JPG    41 KB
. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2006 Pontiac Solstice

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links