KappaReg

Solstice & Sky Tech Forum

Trailer mishap moving my Solstice from Texas to Wisconsin

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

hpygoluky Avatar
hpygoluky Dee Osborne
Franklin, WI, USA   USA
As I mentioned in the New Members Introduction section my 2007 Solstice received front end damaged when a friend was taking it off the trailer at destination. Because the body sits so low the front end was caught on something on the trailer and the person driving it off kept trying to reverse it forcefully which bent my front end up a little over 1/4 of an inch, enough to make it mesh with the hood and wheel well fenders. That did not make me happy one bit. First off, if you are reversing and it is not going anywhere, stop and see what the problem is. Anyways, what's done is done, so I took it to a dealership and they want $1000 to fix it. My question is: Can the front end be bent back down into place or do I need to replace whatever piece bent from underneath? At this point I'm not sure what is bent but I was hoping to get it fixed for a lot cheaper. Thanks for letting me vent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-11 08:08 AM by hpygoluky.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
jimisbell Jim Isbell
Ingleside OTB, TX, USA   USA
Wish I knew. My car, Sky, has the chin damage from hitting a parking lot "bumper brick" Not me, previous owner. And I need to get it bent back

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2007 Pontiac Solstice

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links