KappaReg

Solstice & Sky Tech Forum

GM dealers can't sell used Solstice/Sky cars

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

JimsSolstice Jim Kostreva
Coleman, WI, USA   USA
Hi, I purchased a used 2017 Solstice at a GM dealer in August but the Dealer has been told by GM that I can't take delivery of the car until all recalls have been carried out. Unfortunately the PPS recall can't be performed because GM has yet to redesign this part. Does anyone know when this part will be available. I don't mind waiting in the Winter since I wouldn't drive it then anyway, but I'd like to get the car this Spring & it's been almost a year since GM issued this recall.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ShadiLady Avatar
ShadiLady Sue Avery
Carlisle, OH, USA   USA
2007 Pontiac Solstice "Mean Sol"
The last Pontiac Solstice made was in 2010. That you purchased a 2017 is not possible. As far as the recalls go, you have the option of paying the Dealer to do the repairs for you or get on the waiting list, like the rest of us.

ShadiLady Avatar
ShadiLady Sue Avery
Carlisle, OH, USA   USA
2007 Pontiac Solstice "Mean Sol"
The ignition part is the only one available.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
gfbogie Avatar
gfbogie Gary Bogner
Centennial, CO, USA   USA
Is it the passenger airbag problem that the recall is for, and isn’t every car on the list if you take in for the temp fix or not?
I didn’t like the idea of having to take it in twice, so I thought I would wait until they engineered the fix and the dealers had the part in stock; figuring I’d get another notification to bring the car in.

mhoese Avatar
mhoese Mark Hoese
Apple Valley, MN, USA   USA
The air bag/ passenger seat issue has been resolved by GM I got my notice two weeks ago.

XBANKER Avatar
XBANKER William H
Shamokin, PA, USA   USA
Got GM recall notice on passenger seat switch 2 weeks ago problem fixed

Trains736 Kal R
Chalfont, PA, USA   USA
I purchased my 2008 Sky privately 60 days ago.
Took it to a GMC/Cadillac Dealership.
They ordered what was necesary and completed my recalls in a matter of days.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links